Monday, February 13, 2012

One week from idea to finish :)


Inspiration struck when I was walking my dog two weeks ago. I had been cutting out fabric for two different projects - a wall hanging and a set of mug rugs. I always cut more fabric than I need, just in case I really screw up LOL! I get my inspiration from fabric or from a quilt pattern, sometimes my daughter inspires me too.
I rarely get to have that spark go from idea to finished piece in a week, but this time I got lucky :) Time and inspiration were on my side and this is the end result...
They are pretty big for mug rugs - 7.5 by 11 inches. But I had fun making them and that's all that matters for me :)
I also started a new knitting project this past week. I needed something to do with my hands. I blame the full moon we had :) Here's a sneak peek:
The yarn is Sensations Angel Hair that I picked up at JoAnn's. It feels really soft :) I'm using size 10 knitting needles and a simple knit stitch for this scarf. This is only my second knitting project and I don't feel like I've mastered the knit stitch yet :) But I'm working on it everyday and getting better and better!!
That is all for today - happy crafting everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment